Wednesday, December 03, 2008

WELCOME! Travel for fun!

I often get calls or emails from some of my friends saying that they have not received a postcard from me in a while, so I created this site to share my travel adventures in a more elaborate way. (My list of postcard recipients grows with each trip and postcards and stamps can be very expensive.) For those of you who know me, you know that I can be a travel adventurer, wandering off to places sometimes with friends or solo where I don't even speak the language. But that's all part of the adventure.

I started traveling many years ago when I realized I did not want to wait until I retired to start doing "retirement things." Why wait until you retire, when there's so much to see and do right NOW! So I started my retirement very early and travel is one of the activities I enjoy very much. From the very moment it becomes an idea in my head, the excitement lingers until the very end of the trip. I love travel even when flights are delayed, when baggage is lost or items are damaged, and even when, as in more recent times, you have to pay for everything including the peanuts. (:

To date, my love of travel has taken me to many countries (some more than once) around the world, from my beloved Trinidad & Tobago to the United States where I live and work, to Japan, Europe and Mexico, and back to the Caribbean.

I've been crammed onto trains in Tokyo, been seasick on a catamaran from St. Martin to St. Barth's in the Caribbean, been on a bus that almost over turned in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico, and I've gotten on the wrong fast train from the Cannes in the French Riviera to Paris. (At least I have the memories). (:

But, I've also been on a great sunset booze cruise in Montego Bay, Jamaica, woke up eight mornings in a row to an awesome view of the Italian Alps in northern Italy, hung out with members of Ziggy Marley's band in Jamaica, cruised from Florida to the Bahamas, sat on a bench on La Croisette and watched the sunset over the Mediteranean in Cannes, and taken my picture on famous Red Carpet steps at the Palais du Festival (site of the Cannes film festival).

I enjoy meeting and getting to know new people and places, and make every attempt to absorb the environment completely. For me, it is the only way to truly experience the culture. When I travel, I try act more like a local than a tourist. But sometimes it's hard not to be a tourist. (:

I recently got married and my husband is also a bit of a travel adventurer. So my goal is to continue to travel to as many of the major cities in the world with him and to experience as many of the festivals around the world as possible. So, if you are like-minded, then spread your wings and soar at 37,000 feet with me to a new destination.

In the near future you will be able to read some of my past recaps and see some pictures. I look forward to your comments and COME BACK OFTEN! For my travel tips, check out my TravelPostcards.


I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a peaceful, prosperous and rewarding New Year! God bless. Be safe and pray for peace!

NEXT STOP. . .Christmas and New Year's 2008 in Germany (check back in mid January 2009 for my recap from this trip). AUF WIEDERSEHEN!

3 comments:

TravelDiva said...

Hey TriniDiva. Thanks for stopping by CITC. I'll definitely stop back here when you've got some travel posts!

TravelDiva said...

FABULOUS! Great post. Excited about this site.

TriniTravelDiva said...

Hey TravelDiva, thanks for the feedback. Come back soon!